Wow, your snowman is gorgeous. The scarf is knitted gold
Mabel's designs
Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde
Re: Mabel's designs
I hope that you are on the mend, Mabel!
Wow, your snowman is gorgeous. The scarf is knitted gold
. It looks amazing!!! 
Wow, your snowman is gorgeous. The scarf is knitted gold
Hélène
Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace
Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell
Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace
Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell
- karen4bells
- Posts: 21816
- Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:53 pm
- Location: Florida
Re: Mabel's designs
Wow!!!!!! I agree!! Simply amazing!!!! Hope you are recovering well from both your fall and the stitching!!Nicola Main wrote:He's fabulous I love him!That scarf is just brilliant! Now rest your hand for a little while
![]()
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs
Re: Mabel's designs
Mabel, that Frostie is just the thing. So clever with your use of texture and colours (within the pallete).

-
brightflowers
Re: Mabel's designs
How I love that gorgeous snowman, fantastic work. Amazing what stitches you know to put where. I need guidance all the way through!
Look forward to seeing more of your designs & beautiful stitches.
Look forward to seeing more of your designs & beautiful stitches.
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: Mabel's designs
That's the joy of doing your own designs Jo - you can put anything anywhere and no-one can tell you it's wrongbrightflowers wrote:mazing what stitches you know to put where
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
- vanessanjf
- Posts: 12944
- Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:43 am
- Location: Hertfordshire, UK
Re: Mabel's designs
Absolutely gorgeous. Well done on another wonderful project

Vanessa
A little progress every day adds up to big results
WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
A little progress every day adds up to big results
WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: Mabel's designs
Not the easiest way to do goldwork...


Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Re: Mabel's designs
Cat and snowman in hoop: if that isn't a perfect picture I don't know what!
And the sunflower is swoon-worthy, though I found myself wishing it had a bumblebee.
You're an inspiration, Mabel.
Sahari
And the sunflower is swoon-worthy, though I found myself wishing it had a bumblebee.
You're an inspiration, Mabel.
Sahari
- Squirrel
- Posts: 16821
- Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:33 am
- Location: exChristhcurch NZ, now Brisbane, Australia
Re: Mabel's designs
Well you are sitting down and knees are for cats to lie on aren't they?
I am sure that you managed very well Mabel.
Sally in Brisbane Australia
WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
- wendywombat
- Posts: 13546
- Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:03 pm
- Location: Scottish Borders
Re: Mabel's designs
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: Mabel's designs
When showing Frosty to Sarah Homfray at the stitching retreat, she suggested he would look less "floaty" with a line of something to stand on. I decided on a line either side of him rather than a single line underneath him, and after experimenting with single lines of rococco or twist, decided that it needed both 

So here he is, really really finished now (and properly "finished" too, which is quite rare for me!), and ready to have his instructions written.


So here he is, really really finished now (and properly "finished" too, which is quite rare for me!), and ready to have his instructions written.

Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
- richardandtracy
- Posts: 6157
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 4:27 pm
- Location: Kent, UK
- Contact:
Re: Mabel's designs
That looks quite remarkable. Anchors him, adds interest and adds a technique. Good all round.
Regards,
Richard.
Regards,
Richard.
Seriously under the paw.
- Squirrel
- Posts: 16821
- Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:33 am
- Location: exChristhcurch NZ, now Brisbane, Australia
Re: Mabel's designs
NOW he looks REALLY FINISHED.

Sally in Brisbane Australia
WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Re: Mabel's designs
Well now Lexi just had to get in on the act, he is your supervisor isn't he?
Is that your new seat stand? If so it looks like it's doing a fine job.
Forever Frosty is totally fabulous
are the threads anchoring him to the ground from your new stash?
wonderful to see him all finished and so perfect
Now, just in case you haven't got enough to do, is there going to be a Mrs Froever Frosty ? and where are we on a Penguin?

Is that your new seat stand? If so it looks like it's doing a fine job.
Now, just in case you haven't got enough to do, is there going to be a Mrs Froever Frosty ? and where are we on a Penguin?
- Podolyanka
- Posts: 1706
- Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:30 pm
- Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Re: Mabel's designs
Guess that's why professionals are... professionals! Such a simple idea has made a big difference, as Richard says. I don't envy you writing up instructions, though. I always forget something basic, because I don't think about it... I just do it. Again, guess that separates the amateurs from the pros!
- Nicola Main
- Posts: 1600
- Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:10 pm
- Location: Carnoustie, Scotland
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: Mabel's designs
Garnet, I don't think there will be a Mrs - it would be too like him and I'd like to try something different. The penguin might well turn up some time though
! Mind you, I've got a parasol-and-unbrella pair lined up and they, of course, are also rather similar... I hope I don't run out of steam after the first one 
And as you say the Sonata seat stand is doing a great job! I have ordered a table clamp as well, as a treat and to have something that may be easier to take to stitching group. I'll report back.
Serinde, even when instructions have been written and printed I do sometimes have to go back and add or change things; but on the whole I thing I've got the "basics" worked out now for most of the techniques, so they get transferred from instructions to instructions
. The goldwork ones are rather a new departure, but fortunately I can take a lot from the Flower & Bee workshop/kit.
Yes, it is the little things - I did try to make even this little thing my own, though
by using two lines curving upwards rather than one line underneath him. But is was great to have their feedback, especially as most of it was so positive 
And as you say the Sonata seat stand is doing a great job! I have ordered a table clamp as well, as a treat and to have something that may be easier to take to stitching group. I'll report back.
Serinde, even when instructions have been written and printed I do sometimes have to go back and add or change things; but on the whole I thing I've got the "basics" worked out now for most of the techniques, so they get transferred from instructions to instructions
Yes, it is the little things - I did try to make even this little thing my own, though
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
- wendywombat
- Posts: 13546
- Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:03 pm
- Location: Scottish Borders
Re: Mabel's designs
He is Perfect!
I always find your instructions very clear and easy to understand.
I would never have tried anything like the SoTW unless I'd already done some of your Hardanger designs before.
I always find your instructions very clear and easy to understand.