Mirabilia Autumn Queen - picking up where I left off 9/8

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

Post Reply
User avatar
JenEric
Posts: 656
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:27 am
Location: So. California

Mirabilia Autumn Queen - picking up where I left off 9/8

Post by JenEric »

My stitchy bug left me for quite some time. I like to stitch for at least 1-2 hours at a time and when I no longer had that kind of time block regularly....I lost my desire to stitch at all. I really miss stitching and I'm going to see how I do just stitching while hubs watches football.

Here is where is what my Autumn Queen looked like when I pulled her out of the stitch you box. Sorry, it's sideways.

Image
WIPS
HAED - Queen of Hearts
Spring Queen - making good progress

Finishes
2013
Summer Queen
2013 and prior
Winter Queen, Royal Holiday Queen, Clock Fractal, Welcome Almanac, HAED Witching Hour
User avatar
Squirrel
Posts: 16821
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:33 am
Location: exChristhcurch NZ, now Brisbane, Australia

Re: Mirabilia Autumn Queen - picking up where I left off 9/8

Post by Squirrel »

I know what you mean by enjoying having a good length of time to stitch but as I found out it also works ok when it is only an hour orso. Hope it works out for you as that is a gorgeous start to a beautiful design. :lol:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
User avatar
poppy
Posts: 2145
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:26 pm
Location: Surrey

Re: Mirabilia Autumn Queen - picking up where I left off 9/8

Post by poppy »

Your Queen has some of her beautifully stitched dress already. :applesauce: :applesauce:

I exactly know what you mean about time, I feel the same. May be, do what you can in the week and post frequent updates. That always spurs me on. :D
Hélène

Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace

Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell
User avatar
richardandtracy
Posts: 6157
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 4:27 pm
Location: Kent, UK
Contact:

Re: Mirabilia Autumn Queen - picking up where I left off 9/8

Post by richardandtracy »

The combination of that fabric and the colours in the chart are going to be spectacular. Amazing.

Funny, I can't stitch for more than an hour at a time, and usually grab a few stitches every time I sit down. In the last few weeks I've been waking up early and using the quiet half hour before anyone else awakes to make a bit of progress. If you have a restless pet (we have 4) this helps with waking up..!

Regards,

Richard.
Seriously under the paw.
Jessica28

Re: Mirabilia Autumn Queen - picking up where I left off 9/8

Post by Jessica28 »

What a stunning picture this will make when completed. So many gorgeous colours used already. Wonderfully worked.

Jessica
User avatar
karen4bells
Posts: 21816
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:53 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Mirabilia Autumn Queen - picking up where I left off 9/8

Post by karen4bells »

Great to see you posting again and wow on your project!! Love the fabric you have chosen and I definitely look forward to seeing your next update on Autumn Queen!! :dance:
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs


User avatar
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:

Re: Mirabilia Autumn Queen - picking up where I left off 9/8

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

It can feel difficult to get into it when you know you won't have long - it was a post on Mary Corbet's blog that made me try. She said when she was too busy for long stitching sessions she took 15-minute snatches, as a "carrot" to get tasks done ("if I finish these emails/this laundry/this report I can stitch) and was surprised how much she got done in those 15 minutes! I admit it does depend on having a project that you can pick up and start on without too much preliminary activity, but if you do it's worth a try!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: Mirabilia Autumn Queen - picking up where I left off 9/8

Post by rcperryls »

karen4bells wrote:Great to see you posting again and wow on your project!! Love the fabric you have chosen and I definitely look forward to seeing your next update on Autumn Queen!! :dance:
I agree!!!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
User avatar
Garnet
Posts: 1432
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:52 pm
Location: North East Wales, United Kingdom

Re: Mirabilia Autumn Queen - picking up where I left off 9/8

Post by Garnet »

Oh this is beautiful

The colours on that fabric are lovely, it's going to be wonderful when it's finished.

I do hope you manage to find some spare time in the day, I understand the frustration of not being able to do as much as you would like.

I have taken to leaving my large project on the coffee table covered with a pillowcase so I can pick it up and put it down whenever I have a spare 15 mins.
User avatar
Lulu22
Posts: 2307
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:26 am

Re: Mirabilia Autumn Queen - picking up where I left off 9/8

Post by Lulu22 »

I know what you mean, its easy to be put off if you haven't got the time if I've only got half an hour spare I won't stitch because I think by the time I've got it out and put the frame on I'll be putting it away. :ratherbe:

She is beautiful and the fabric is really eye catching, simply stunning! :applesauce:
WIPS
Snow
Gamer Nouveau
Clara
Meadow
Post Reply