Here is where is what my Autumn Queen looked like when I pulled her out of the stitch you box. Sorry, it's sideways.
Mirabilia Autumn Queen - picking up where I left off 9/8
Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde
Mirabilia Autumn Queen - picking up where I left off 9/8
My stitchy bug left me for quite some time. I like to stitch for at least 1-2 hours at a time and when I no longer had that kind of time block regularly....I lost my desire to stitch at all. I really miss stitching and I'm going to see how I do just stitching while hubs watches football.
Here is where is what my Autumn Queen looked like when I pulled her out of the stitch you box. Sorry, it's sideways.

Here is where is what my Autumn Queen looked like when I pulled her out of the stitch you box. Sorry, it's sideways.
WIPS
HAED - Queen of Hearts
Spring Queen - making good progress
Finishes
2013
Summer Queen
2013 and prior
Winter Queen, Royal Holiday Queen, Clock Fractal, Welcome Almanac, HAED Witching Hour
HAED - Queen of Hearts
Spring Queen - making good progress
Finishes
2013
Summer Queen
2013 and prior
Winter Queen, Royal Holiday Queen, Clock Fractal, Welcome Almanac, HAED Witching Hour
- Squirrel
- Posts: 16821
- Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:33 am
- Location: exChristhcurch NZ, now Brisbane, Australia
Re: Mirabilia Autumn Queen - picking up where I left off 9/8
I know what you mean by enjoying having a good length of time to stitch but as I found out it also works ok when it is only an hour orso. Hope it works out for you as that is a gorgeous start to a beautiful design. 
Sally in Brisbane Australia
WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Re: Mirabilia Autumn Queen - picking up where I left off 9/8
Your Queen has some of her beautifully stitched dress already.
I exactly know what you mean about time, I feel the same. May be, do what you can in the week and post frequent updates. That always spurs me on.
I exactly know what you mean about time, I feel the same. May be, do what you can in the week and post frequent updates. That always spurs me on.
Hélène
Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace
Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell
Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace
Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell
- richardandtracy
- Posts: 6157
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 4:27 pm
- Location: Kent, UK
- Contact:
Re: Mirabilia Autumn Queen - picking up where I left off 9/8
The combination of that fabric and the colours in the chart are going to be spectacular. Amazing.
Funny, I can't stitch for more than an hour at a time, and usually grab a few stitches every time I sit down. In the last few weeks I've been waking up early and using the quiet half hour before anyone else awakes to make a bit of progress. If you have a restless pet (we have 4) this helps with waking up..!
Regards,
Richard.
Funny, I can't stitch for more than an hour at a time, and usually grab a few stitches every time I sit down. In the last few weeks I've been waking up early and using the quiet half hour before anyone else awakes to make a bit of progress. If you have a restless pet (we have 4) this helps with waking up..!
Regards,
Richard.
Seriously under the paw.
-
Jessica28
Re: Mirabilia Autumn Queen - picking up where I left off 9/8
What a stunning picture this will make when completed. So many gorgeous colours used already. Wonderfully worked.
Jessica
Jessica
- karen4bells
- Posts: 21816
- Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:53 pm
- Location: Florida
Re: Mirabilia Autumn Queen - picking up where I left off 9/8
Great to see you posting again and wow on your project!! Love the fabric you have chosen and I definitely look forward to seeing your next update on Autumn Queen!! 
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: Mirabilia Autumn Queen - picking up where I left off 9/8
It can feel difficult to get into it when you know you won't have long - it was a post on Mary Corbet's blog that made me try. She said when she was too busy for long stitching sessions she took 15-minute snatches, as a "carrot" to get tasks done ("if I finish these emails/this laundry/this report I can stitch) and was surprised how much she got done in those 15 minutes! I admit it does depend on having a project that you can pick up and start on without too much preliminary activity, but if you do it's worth a try!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Re: Mirabilia Autumn Queen - picking up where I left off 9/8
I agree!!!karen4bells wrote:Great to see you posting again and wow on your project!! Love the fabric you have chosen and I definitely look forward to seeing your next update on Autumn Queen!!
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Re: Mirabilia Autumn Queen - picking up where I left off 9/8
Oh this is beautiful
The colours on that fabric are lovely, it's going to be wonderful when it's finished.
I do hope you manage to find some spare time in the day, I understand the frustration of not being able to do as much as you would like.
I have taken to leaving my large project on the coffee table covered with a pillowcase so I can pick it up and put it down whenever I have a spare 15 mins.
The colours on that fabric are lovely, it's going to be wonderful when it's finished.
I do hope you manage to find some spare time in the day, I understand the frustration of not being able to do as much as you would like.
I have taken to leaving my large project on the coffee table covered with a pillowcase so I can pick it up and put it down whenever I have a spare 15 mins.
Re: Mirabilia Autumn Queen - picking up where I left off 9/8
I know what you mean, its easy to be put off if you haven't got the time if I've only got half an hour spare I won't stitch because I think by the time I've got it out and put the frame on I'll be putting it away.
She is beautiful and the fabric is really eye catching, simply stunning!
She is beautiful and the fabric is really eye catching, simply stunning!
WIPS
Snow
Gamer Nouveau
Clara
Meadow
Snow
Gamer Nouveau
Clara
Meadow