2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition
Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition
I love it when you find stash you didn't remember you had - especially before shopping 
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
- richardandtracy
- Posts: 6157
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 4:27 pm
- Location: Kent, UK
- Contact:
Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition
It's highly unusual, though. You normally find it 5 minutes after buying replacements.
And when you tidy up & throw stuff out (NOT stash, other 'useful' stuff you've hoarded for years and forgot about), you always find a use for it a couple of days after the bin has been emptied.
Hrrumph.
Regards,
Richard
And when you tidy up & throw stuff out (NOT stash, other 'useful' stuff you've hoarded for years and forgot about), you always find a use for it a couple of days after the bin has been emptied.
Hrrumph.
Regards,
Richard
Seriously under the paw.
Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition
I have an app I use to keep track of my threads (but unfortunately I am not always great at keeping it as up to date as I should). It's pretty easy to use and it's on my phone. More important than preventing me from not having a thread color I need, it also keeps me from buying threads I already have more than I need.
Carole

Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition
I have an app too, but I haven’t kept it up.
It was easier when I used to work on one project at a time. Now I have four ongoing.
It was easier when I used to work on one project at a time. Now I have four ongoing.
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition
some coloured metals for goldwork kits, and chenille (velvety) threads just for fun


Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition
So pretty.
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition
Some Madeira silks, the pinks and greens for my Canvaswork project, the blues just because I liked them


Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition
I like them too! Can't wait to see what you do with them!
Carole

Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition
Those are so pretty….I’m also a fan of the blues.
Debby
(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
History of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Innocent Dreams
(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
History of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Innocent Dreams
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition
They go with two other blues I already had, so a nice run of five for subtle shading!
And look what arrived today - I had expected not to see it until we came back from our Holland trip!

And look what arrived today - I had expected not to see it until we came back from our Holland trip!

Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition
World Textile Day arrived yesterday in sunny Bridge of Allan. Lovely people selling gorgeous fabrics and goodies. As you can see, I acquired several Cameleon threads to try, as well as a lot of stuff for Kogin and Sashiko (Susan Briscoe had a stall and gave a talk!). Oh, and a bag of sea glass to make a necklace... as you do. Teas by the local WI!!


Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition
Nice
Honesty time: I'm a Bad girl
I keep regretting that I never brought Thea Governeur's Cow Parsley and bees. I have only ever once seen it second hand and I gave up bidding on it too soon.... I object to the price of the kit new as there is not a lot of stitching in it but it does have beading on it. Then yesterday I realised that they no longer do it. To make matters worse I only found one supplier that had any and they only had one last one left on linen (exactly the one I want ).
What was that new year resolution
Something about not buying any more kits
I decided that my Parents would like to buy me it for my birthday so I had better order it now before they miss out and because they are buying it I can claim I am being good.
Jo
Honesty time: I'm a Bad girl
What was that new year resolution
I decided that my Parents would like to buy me it for my birthday so I had better order it now before they miss out and because they are buying it I can claim I am being good.
Jo
Every day we can make a difference 
WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, Magpie Shrub, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, Magpie Shrub, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition
Love your new stash, Serinde. Can't wait to see what you do with it!
Jo, Your logic for purchasing the Thea Governeur kit makes perfect sense to me. Actually, you are even helping your parents at the same time, by preventing the stress that comes with finding the perfect gift for someone. It really is quite an unselfish act.
Carole

Jo, Your logic for purchasing the Thea Governeur kit makes perfect sense to me. Actually, you are even helping your parents at the same time, by preventing the stress that comes with finding the perfect gift for someone. It really is quite an unselfish act.
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition
Serinde, that new stash looks inspiring!
Jo, nice logic
Jo, nice logic
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition
I had to get one skein of DMC for the Needle Guardian (explained in FoF) but ordering a single skein is as impossible as eating a single Jaffa Cake so I decided to get the Dinky Dyes silk as well (budget dictated the cotton when I first bought the supplies for this chart), and inexplicably two Caron Waterlilies made it into the basket as well


Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
- wendywombat
- Posts: 13546
- Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:03 pm
- Location: Scottish Borders
Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition
Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition
It is obvious that the two skeins were determined to make it into a good home where they will be used properly and appreciated for their beauty.
I also am surprised that only two were brave enough to make the jump. Be careful the next time, because once the word gets out, they'll all be trying that same trick
Carole

I also am surprised that only two were brave enough to make the jump. Be careful the next time, because once the word gets out, they'll all be trying that same trick
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition
My birthday present has arrived:

As you can see not much in the way of threads to stitch:

Should I mention it to my Parents
. Me Mum normally lets me keep hold of my presents but expects them all to be put out on display for my birthday
Jo

As you can see not much in the way of threads to stitch:

Should I mention it to my Parents
Jo
Every day we can make a difference 
WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, Magpie Shrub, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, Magpie Shrub, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition
It's a beautiful design, so delicate!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition
Totally agree!
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker