2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

User avatar
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:

Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

I love it when you find stash you didn't remember you had - especially before shopping :D
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
User avatar
richardandtracy
Posts: 6157
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 4:27 pm
Location: Kent, UK
Contact:

Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition

Post by richardandtracy »

It's highly unusual, though. You normally find it 5 minutes after buying replacements.

And when you tidy up & throw stuff out (NOT stash, other 'useful' stuff you've hoarded for years and forgot about), you always find a use for it a couple of days after the bin has been emptied.
Hrrumph.

Regards,

Richard
Seriously under the paw.
User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition

Post by rcperryls »

I have an app I use to keep track of my threads (but unfortunately I am not always great at keeping it as up to date as I should). It's pretty easy to use and it's on my phone. More important than preventing me from not having a thread color I need, it also keeps me from buying threads I already have more than I need. :doh:

Carole
:lol:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Roland
Posts: 1477
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:21 pm

Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition

Post by Roland »

I have an app too, but I haven’t kept it up.

It was easier when I used to work on one project at a time. Now I have four ongoing.
User avatar
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:

Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

some coloured metals for goldwork kits, and chenille (velvety) threads just for fun :D

Image
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Roland
Posts: 1477
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:21 pm

Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition

Post by Roland »

So pretty.
User avatar
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:

Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Some Madeira silks, the pinks and greens for my Canvaswork project, the blues just because I liked them :D

Image
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition

Post by rcperryls »

I like them too! Can't wait to see what you do with them!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
User avatar
fccs
Posts: 9697
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:10 am
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado

Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition

Post by fccs »

Those are so pretty….I’m also a fan of the blues.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
History of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Innocent Dreams
User avatar
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:

Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

They go with two other blues I already had, so a nice run of five for subtle shading!

And look what arrived today - I had expected not to see it until we came back from our Holland trip!

Image
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
User avatar
Serinde
Posts: 19554
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition

Post by Serinde »

World Textile Day arrived yesterday in sunny Bridge of Allan. Lovely people selling gorgeous fabrics and goodies. As you can see, I acquired several Cameleon threads to try, as well as a lot of stuff for Kogin and Sashiko (Susan Briscoe had a stall and gave a talk!). Oh, and a bag of sea glass to make a necklace... as you do. Teas by the local WI!! :dance:

Image
User avatar
Steam.Jo
Posts: 1909
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:46 pm
Location: Hampshire, UK

Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition

Post by Steam.Jo »

Nice :)



Honesty time: I'm a Bad girl :oops: I keep regretting that I never brought Thea Governeur's Cow Parsley and bees. I have only ever once seen it second hand and I gave up bidding on it too soon.... I object to the price of the kit new as there is not a lot of stitching in it but it does have beading on it. Then yesterday I realised that they no longer do it. To make matters worse I only found one supplier that had any and they only had one last one left on linen (exactly the one I want ).

What was that new year resolution :thinks: Something about not buying any more kits :doh:

I decided that my Parents would like to buy me it for my birthday so I had better order it now before they miss out and because they are buying it I can claim I am being good. :D

Jo
Every day we can make a difference :)

WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, Magpie Shrub, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition

Post by rcperryls »

Love your new stash, Serinde. Can't wait to see what you do with it!

Jo, Your logic for purchasing the Thea Governeur kit makes perfect sense to me. Actually, you are even helping your parents at the same time, by preventing the stress that comes with finding the perfect gift for someone. It really is quite an unselfish act.

Carole
:lol:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
User avatar
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:

Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Serinde, that new stash looks inspiring!

Jo, nice logic ;-)
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
User avatar
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:

Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

I had to get one skein of DMC for the Needle Guardian (explained in FoF) but ordering a single skein is as impossible as eating a single Jaffa Cake so I decided to get the Dinky Dyes silk as well (budget dictated the cotton when I first bought the supplies for this chart), and inexplicably two Caron Waterlilies made it into the basket as well :shock:

Image
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
User avatar
wendywombat
Posts: 13546
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:03 pm
Location: Scottish Borders

Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition

Post by wendywombat »

:tizzy: I can never understand how that can happen!! Surprised that it was only one each of the other two! @rotfl:
User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition

Post by rcperryls »

It is obvious that the two skeins were determined to make it into a good home where they will be used properly and appreciated for their beauty.
I also am surprised that only two were brave enough to make the jump. Be careful the next time, because once the word gets out, they'll all be trying that same trick :lol: :lol:

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
User avatar
Steam.Jo
Posts: 1909
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:46 pm
Location: Hampshire, UK

Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition

Post by Steam.Jo »

My birthday present has arrived:

Image

As you can see not much in the way of threads to stitch:

Image

Should I mention it to my Parents :thinks: . Me Mum normally lets me keep hold of my presents but expects them all to be put out on display for my birthday :roll:

Jo
Every day we can make a difference :)

WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, Magpie Shrub, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
User avatar
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:

Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

It's a beautiful design, so delicate!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: 2023 Deliveries & Stash Acquisition

Post by rcperryls »

Mabel Figworthy wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:38 pm It's a beautiful design, so delicate!
Totally agree!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Post Reply