Jo's Stitching 2023

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

User avatar
Steam.Jo
Posts: 1909
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:46 pm
Location: Hampshire, UK

Re: Jo's Stitching 2023

Post by Steam.Jo »

Thank you Ladies,

You may recall I brought my Mum the Thea Gouverneur Cow Parsley for my Birthday and after yesterday it is officially mine so I am allowed to start it :whoop:

Image

Its going to be a quickie lots of backstitching, not a lots of actual crosses, lots of beadwork and a big :D

Jo
Every day we can make a difference :)

WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, Magpie Shrub, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: Jo's Stitching 2023

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: Already looking lovely! You have some of the prettiest and biggest projects going on right now.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
User avatar
Serinde
Posts: 19554
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Jo's Stitching 2023

Post by Serinde »

Thea Gouverneur is another fabulous designer. You've made a beautiful start on this.
User avatar
Steam.Jo
Posts: 1909
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:46 pm
Location: Hampshire, UK

Re: Jo's Stitching 2023

Post by Steam.Jo »

I'm enjoying this one Serinde, just heading down to the bottom and have started the leaves:

Image

My plan is to scroll up and do the base leaves before heading back up to where the beads go on the flowers. I want to avoid having to roll the beads round the rollers :wink:

Jo
Every day we can make a difference :)

WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, Magpie Shrub, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
User avatar
wendywombat
Posts: 13546
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:03 pm
Location: Scottish Borders

Re: Jo's Stitching 2023

Post by wendywombat »

That is so delicate. :wub:

What a lovely birthday gift. :applesauce:
User avatar
Serinde
Posts: 19554
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Jo's Stitching 2023

Post by Serinde »

Good thinking!
User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: Jo's Stitching 2023

Post by rcperryls »

This is so lovely and you are making beautiful progress :applesauce: . This design is so elegant and delicate. I love it!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Roland
Posts: 1477
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:21 pm

Re: Jo's Stitching 2023

Post by Roland »

Beautiful.
User avatar
Steam.Jo
Posts: 1909
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:46 pm
Location: Hampshire, UK

Re: Jo's Stitching 2023

Post by Steam.Jo »

The bottom part of the Cow Parsley is progressing well:

Image

There is still more to do on the bottom left and then I can add the Bee :wub: It is easy to miss count on all of this backstitching and on a couple of occasions an army of :anotherfrog: have been visiting :doh:

Out in my Conservatory I thought I was nearly there. I had finished off the Serpentine row and was adding in the leaves around the boarder panels and it was time to scroll up:

Image

And... Where is it? I was sure I had done that bit :thinks:


The weather this afternoon looks ideal for a bit of stitching so I can work on this one :wink:

Jo
Every day we can make a difference :)

WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, Magpie Shrub, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: Jo's Stitching 2023

Post by rcperryls »

Cow Parsley is definitely progressing well. It is an advertisement for how beautiful a backstitch can be.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
User avatar
fccs
Posts: 9697
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:10 am
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado

Re: Jo's Stitching 2023

Post by fccs »

I am always so impressed with your progress, your lovely stitches, and the designs you choose. More, please.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
History of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Innocent Dreams
User avatar
Steam.Jo
Posts: 1909
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:46 pm
Location: Hampshire, UK

Re: Jo's Stitching 2023

Post by Steam.Jo »

I have just completed the bottom:

Image

I am trying to work out what type of bee that is. Cow Parsley flowers from April to June which spans many of the types of bees appearing. The choices are: Buff-tailed, White-tailed or a Meadow Bumblebee. The difference between the three are the colour of the tail which is off-white, White or a Red-ie yellow. Hopefully the bees at the top might give a better idea of what they are.

Jo
Every day we can make a difference :)

WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, Magpie Shrub, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: Jo's Stitching 2023

Post by rcperryls »

fccs wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 10:27 pm I am always so impressed with your progress, your lovely stitches, and the designs you choose. More, please.
Absolutely agree!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
User avatar
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:

Re: Jo's Stitching 2023

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

So lacy and intricate :applesauce: :applesauce: !
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
User avatar
Steam.Jo
Posts: 1909
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:46 pm
Location: Hampshire, UK

Re: Jo's Stitching 2023

Post by Steam.Jo »

I have found another bee and this time we can see the end of its abdomen is a Reddy brown colour so we know it is a Meadow Bumblebee:

Image

:D

Jo
Every day we can make a difference :)

WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, Magpie Shrub, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
User avatar
fccs
Posts: 9697
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:10 am
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado

Re: Jo's Stitching 2023

Post by fccs »

I love this!
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
History of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Innocent Dreams
User avatar
Steam.Jo
Posts: 1909
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:46 pm
Location: Hampshire, UK

Re: Jo's Stitching 2023

Post by Steam.Jo »

Thankyou Debby,

I have just finished the stitching an found another Bee:

Image

and now its time to do the beading.

Jo
Every day we can make a difference :)

WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, Magpie Shrub, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
User avatar
Steam.Jo
Posts: 1909
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:46 pm
Location: Hampshire, UK

Re: Jo's Stitching 2023

Post by Steam.Jo »

I'm not convinced on the beads they have provided:

Image

:thinks:

Jo
Every day we can make a difference :)

WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, Magpie Shrub, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: Jo's Stitching 2023

Post by rcperryls »

Absolutely beautiful piece of stitching. Is there a lot of beading? Seems like it covers up the delicate and elegant stitching. Since I dislike beading intensely I would probably find a frame that sets off the stitching. I've been known to substitute french knots for beads on those rare occasions that the bead really adds to the piece. But like I said, beading is my least favorite part of stitching.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
User avatar
Steam.Jo
Posts: 1909
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:46 pm
Location: Hampshire, UK

Re: Jo's Stitching 2023

Post by Steam.Jo »

Thankyou Carole,

I don't mind beading, I had lots of practise on my Dragon :wink:

I have spent the afternoon thinking about those beads, doing a bit of stitching on my Seasons, looking at them again and having read your reply, I have decided no I do not like them they are too big so I have removed them. I did a bit of an experiment with some 2mm seed beads and they are so much nicer as you can still see the stitching underneath. The original beads are ok as far as the colour goes but looking on line at what is available and trying to guess the real colour of the ones offered are. So I have ordered 20g of Toho Japanese seed beads size 11/0 in both 141 ceylon snowflake and 147 ceylon lt ivory.

Now I have to put this to one side while I wait for them to arrive and as :ratherbe: I can bring the Peacock Tapestry back to the table :D

Jo
Every day we can make a difference :)

WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, Magpie Shrub, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
Post Reply