2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Post Reply
User avatar
Serinde
Posts: 19554
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Scotland

2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Post by Serinde »

A bit late opening this morning. The chimps decided they were indeed going to enjoy a noisy libation ahead of the bells. All set to rights now, and I'm having a large pot of tea.
User avatar
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

I'll join you in a cuppa, with some of the left-over Christmas goodies (chocolates, biscuits, stollen, lebkuchen....)
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
User avatar
Serinde
Posts: 19554
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Post by Serinde »

Leftover stollen? I'll help with that!
User avatar
Serinde
Posts: 19554
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Post by Serinde »

Just a reiteration of some rules for talking politics in the Stash & Grab:
Be polite
Keep within the law
Check your facts
Golden Rule definitely applies
User avatar
richardandtracy
Posts: 6157
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 4:27 pm
Location: Kent, UK
Contact:

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Post by richardandtracy »

Serinde wrote: Wed Jan 28, 2026 9:07 am Just a reiteration of some rules for talking politics in the Stash & Grab:
Be polite
Keep within the law
Check your facts
Golden Rule definitely applies
What a terrible disappointment. :roll:
Though, talking Politics often seems to be the conversational equivalent of detonating a hand grenade: a hand grenade which hurts lots of people. That is a very unwelcome outcome, and never desirable.

Regards,

Richard
Seriously under the paw.
User avatar
Serinde
Posts: 19554
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Post by Serinde »

I find that, in an ideal situation, talking politics involves an awful lot of listening. :idea: In any case, I can't remember very many times when politics reared its ugly head here.

I am currently enjoying my morning cup of tea in the company of a sleeping marmoset. 8)
User avatar
richardandtracy
Posts: 6157
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 4:27 pm
Location: Kent, UK
Contact:

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Post by richardandtracy »

Erm.

Is this normal morning company for you? Cat or dog is sufficient for most people, but a Marmoset.. definitely unusual.

Regards,

Richard.
Seriously under the paw.
User avatar
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

It takes all sorts, as they say!

My lovely support animal has decided to be an office cat this morning, abandoning me for the master. Oh well, at least it reduces the amount of fur I'll be taking out of the house clinging to my dress....
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
User avatar
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

The sort of office cat she would like to be:

Image

The sort of office cat DH allows her to be:

Image
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
User avatar
fccs
Posts: 9697
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:10 am
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Post by fccs »

Jackson (cat) never joins me at my desk..until today. I was trying to work on my taxes (UGH) and he decided he had to jump on the shredder, up onto the scanner, and then across my desk. I would love to be able to read his mind....or would I????
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
History of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Innocent Dreams
User avatar
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Image
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
User avatar
geekishly
Posts: 4122
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:53 pm
Location: Michigan, USA

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Post by geekishly »

Image

Joker taking over my lap cushion that I use for arm support while stitching.
- Luca
User avatar
richardandtracy
Posts: 6157
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 4:27 pm
Location: Kent, UK
Contact:

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Post by richardandtracy »

Gorgeous.

Regards,

Richard
Seriously under the paw.
User avatar
Serinde
Posts: 19554
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Post by Serinde »

Is it just me, or is the site really, really slow? My coffee's getting cold waiting for it to load (well, I exaggerate a bit, but not much). :neutral:
User avatar
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Pretty speedy for me at the moment.

By the way, celebratory drinks all round - the Netherlands came third in the Olympic medal table, which isn't bad for a small country! OK, we did it all in pretty much one discipline (although longtrack and shorttrack skating do I think count as two separate ones, but well, they're both going fast on skates) but Im still proud of our athletes!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
User avatar
Serinde
Posts: 19554
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Post by Serinde »

And so you should be! I always root for the Orange in the skating disciplines! The UK did really well, too (pity about the curlers, but silver isn't shabby at all).
User avatar
richardandtracy
Posts: 6157
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 4:27 pm
Location: Kent, UK
Contact:

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Post by richardandtracy »

Agreed. Well done Netherlands.

Thought the UK did pretty well for such a snowy country..

Regards,

Richard
Seriously under the paw.
Roland
Posts: 1477
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:21 pm

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Post by Roland »

I couldn’t really get into the Olympics this year. I usually enjoy watching the figure skating, but not so much this year.

I did love watching Alysa Liu (USA skater), whether she was skating or cheering on her team, she is what the Olympics should be. So much enthusiasm.
User avatar
richardandtracy
Posts: 6157
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 4:27 pm
Location: Kent, UK
Contact:

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Post by richardandtracy »

She was exhaustingly excited all the time..

We watched a lot of skating online (Orianna got a subscription to TNT) and that was amazing. However, by the end the skaters were looking very tired with many having gone through the Team event, Mixed and singles events.

Personally, I enjoy the downhill & super G, and was so saddened for Lindsey Vonn that she crashed out so early in her race. On reflection, she shouldn't have gone with an injury, but I can fully understand why she did.

Regards,

Richard
Seriously under the paw.
User avatar
Serinde
Posts: 19554
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Post by Serinde »

I can understand why Vonn wanted to, but I'm mystified as to why she did, already carrying an incompletely healed injury. What were her coaches thinking of, apart from the medals and headlines? That leg was mangled in the process, and I can't for a minute see how that was worth it. But I'm not a sporty person, so that probably explains it.
Post Reply