2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub
Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex
2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub
A bit late opening this morning. The chimps decided they were indeed going to enjoy a noisy libation ahead of the bells. All set to rights now, and I'm having a large pot of tea.
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub
I'll join you in a cuppa, with some of the left-over Christmas goodies (chocolates, biscuits, stollen, lebkuchen....)
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub
Leftover stollen? I'll help with that!
Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub
Just a reiteration of some rules for talking politics in the Stash & Grab:
Be polite
Keep within the law
Check your facts
Golden Rule definitely applies
Be polite
Keep within the law
Check your facts
Golden Rule definitely applies
- richardandtracy
- Posts: 6157
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 4:27 pm
- Location: Kent, UK
- Contact:
Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub
What a terrible disappointment.Serinde wrote: Wed Jan 28, 2026 9:07 am Just a reiteration of some rules for talking politics in the Stash & Grab:
Be polite
Keep within the law
Check your facts
Golden Rule definitely applies
Though, talking Politics often seems to be the conversational equivalent of detonating a hand grenade: a hand grenade which hurts lots of people. That is a very unwelcome outcome, and never desirable.
Regards,
Richard
Seriously under the paw.
Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub
I find that, in an ideal situation, talking politics involves an awful lot of listening.
In any case, I can't remember very many times when politics reared its ugly head here.
I am currently enjoying my morning cup of tea in the company of a sleeping marmoset.
I am currently enjoying my morning cup of tea in the company of a sleeping marmoset.
- richardandtracy
- Posts: 6157
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 4:27 pm
- Location: Kent, UK
- Contact:
Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub
Erm.
Is this normal morning company for you? Cat or dog is sufficient for most people, but a Marmoset.. definitely unusual.
Regards,
Richard.
Is this normal morning company for you? Cat or dog is sufficient for most people, but a Marmoset.. definitely unusual.
Regards,
Richard.
Seriously under the paw.
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub
It takes all sorts, as they say!
My lovely support animal has decided to be an office cat this morning, abandoning me for the master. Oh well, at least it reduces the amount of fur I'll be taking out of the house clinging to my dress....
My lovely support animal has decided to be an office cat this morning, abandoning me for the master. Oh well, at least it reduces the amount of fur I'll be taking out of the house clinging to my dress....
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub
The sort of office cat she would like to be:

The sort of office cat DH allows her to be:


The sort of office cat DH allows her to be:

Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub
Jackson (cat) never joins me at my desk..until today. I was trying to work on my taxes (UGH) and he decided he had to jump on the shredder, up onto the scanner, and then across my desk. I would love to be able to read his mind....or would I????
Debby
(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
History of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Innocent Dreams
(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
History of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Innocent Dreams
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub

Joker taking over my lap cushion that I use for arm support while stitching.
- Luca
- richardandtracy
- Posts: 6157
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 4:27 pm
- Location: Kent, UK
- Contact:
Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub
Is it just me, or is the site really, really slow? My coffee's getting cold waiting for it to load (well, I exaggerate a bit, but not much). 
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub
Pretty speedy for me at the moment.
By the way, celebratory drinks all round - the Netherlands came third in the Olympic medal table, which isn't bad for a small country! OK, we did it all in pretty much one discipline (although longtrack and shorttrack skating do I think count as two separate ones, but well, they're both going fast on skates) but Im still proud of our athletes!
By the way, celebratory drinks all round - the Netherlands came third in the Olympic medal table, which isn't bad for a small country! OK, we did it all in pretty much one discipline (although longtrack and shorttrack skating do I think count as two separate ones, but well, they're both going fast on skates) but Im still proud of our athletes!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub
And so you should be! I always root for the Orange in the skating disciplines! The UK did really well, too (pity about the curlers, but silver isn't shabby at all).
- richardandtracy
- Posts: 6157
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 4:27 pm
- Location: Kent, UK
- Contact:
Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub
Agreed. Well done Netherlands.
Thought the UK did pretty well for such a snowy country..
Regards,
Richard
Thought the UK did pretty well for such a snowy country..
Regards,
Richard
Seriously under the paw.
Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub
I couldn’t really get into the Olympics this year. I usually enjoy watching the figure skating, but not so much this year.
I did love watching Alysa Liu (USA skater), whether she was skating or cheering on her team, she is what the Olympics should be. So much enthusiasm.
I did love watching Alysa Liu (USA skater), whether she was skating or cheering on her team, she is what the Olympics should be. So much enthusiasm.
- richardandtracy
- Posts: 6157
- Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 4:27 pm
- Location: Kent, UK
- Contact:
Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub
She was exhaustingly excited all the time..
We watched a lot of skating online (Orianna got a subscription to TNT) and that was amazing. However, by the end the skaters were looking very tired with many having gone through the Team event, Mixed and singles events.
Personally, I enjoy the downhill & super G, and was so saddened for Lindsey Vonn that she crashed out so early in her race. On reflection, she shouldn't have gone with an injury, but I can fully understand why she did.
Regards,
Richard
We watched a lot of skating online (Orianna got a subscription to TNT) and that was amazing. However, by the end the skaters were looking very tired with many having gone through the Team event, Mixed and singles events.
Personally, I enjoy the downhill & super G, and was so saddened for Lindsey Vonn that she crashed out so early in her race. On reflection, she shouldn't have gone with an injury, but I can fully understand why she did.
Regards,
Richard
Seriously under the paw.
Re: 2026 Stash & Grab Virtual Pub
I can understand why Vonn wanted to, but I'm mystified as to why she did, already carrying an incompletely healed injury. What were her coaches thinking of, apart from the medals and headlines? That leg was mangled in the process, and I can't for a minute see how that was worth it. But I'm not a sporty person, so that probably explains it.