Luca’s Stitching 2026 - updates pg 7 4/30

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

User avatar
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:

Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - Balatro finish pg 5 2/12

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Makes a very effective background though!

Serinde, a Dutch RSN friend has just finished her blackwork module - it depicts the Wallace Monument. have a look at it here
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
User avatar
geekishly
Posts: 4122
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:53 pm
Location: Michigan, USA

Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - Balatro finish pg 5 2/12

Post by geekishly »

The blackwork went quite quickly. It was really easy and fairly consistent. It really helped having all the full cross stitches done before I started on the blackwork.
- Luca
User avatar
geekishly
Posts: 4122
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:53 pm
Location: Michigan, USA

Big update

Post by geekishly »

Been a rough week emotionally, so I’ve been jumping between projects and not feeling very social. But here’s the results of my stitching.

First up is a Spice Girls freebie from shitpostsampler. Their website is down and they’re looking for a new way to distribute their patterns. I’m doing this for the same friend I made the Joker card for.
Image Image Image Image

Next up is the Stained glass rose from Beauty and the Beast. Pattern by Make It Pink. It’s got a lot of petite point/fractional stitches so I’m doing it on 28ct so I can more easily swap between the stitch sizes. Doing it this method is slow going, but I’m really pleased with the results so far.
Image

Stitching this anime piece for a friend. It’s by CraftyBtchDesigns on Etsy.
Image Image

I made a little felt backed magnet for a friend. I found out she’s a big Chappell Roan fan, so I stitched this up from a pattern by Stitch Sprout. It was a patreon freebie, but might also be available on etsy.
Image

And last but not least is a Wicked inspired pattern by HannieBeeDesigns that I stitched for myself.
Image Image Image
- Luca
User avatar
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:

Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - Big update pg 6 2/20

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Sorry it's been a tough week, I hope being able to work on lots of beautiful projects as the mood takes you is helping.
I love the fabric for the Spice Girls, subtle yet colourful, and that stained glass rose is going to be glorious!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
User avatar
Serinde
Posts: 19554
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - Big update pg 6 2/20

Post by Serinde »

Mabel, love the Wallace Monument. I have some particularly fond memories of trekking up all the stairs with Mr S and the boys when they were young. Your friend has made a wonderful job of it.

Luca, your stitching is always beautiful.
User avatar
geekishly
Posts: 4122
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:53 pm
Location: Michigan, USA

Another big update

Post by geekishly »

Thanks ladies. Things weren't much better this week, so once again I buried myself in stitching.

A little more progress on the Spice girls piece. Probably going to work on this one more today while I am over at my friend's place. It's pretty easy to work on while watching things since it's fairly consistent.
Image

This was a freebie I found on instagram by the user messybubnstitchery. I didn't have enough of the blue floss that was recommended for the background, so I just used navy fabric instead.
Image

This is a mothman tamagotchi I got on Etsy. The friend its for picked the fabric and it looks so good.
Image Image

Finally got back to that Nanami pattern I started ages ago.
Image

And last but not least, I finally got the orange kitty as a FFO and mailed it off along with the KPDH project to the friend they were for.
Image
- Luca
User avatar
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:

Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - Big update pg 6 2/28

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

The kitty finish looks really impressive - what is an FFO?
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
User avatar
geekishly
Posts: 4122
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:53 pm
Location: Michigan, USA

Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - Big update pg 6 2/28

Post by geekishly »

Thanks. It’s a Final(ly) Finished Object. Like how we have UFOs (unfinished) and FOs. A finished object meaning you’re done stitching the design. And then a FFO for when it’s framed or finished for display however you’re going to go is it.
- Luca
User avatar
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:

Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - Big update pg 6 2/28

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Ah, the bit that I'm rubbish at :lol:
Is the kitty a stand-alone patch, cut outside that satin stitch border?
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
User avatar
geekishly
Posts: 4122
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:53 pm
Location: Michigan, USA

Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - Big update pg 6 2/28

Post by geekishly »

Yeah, it was cut first though. I also made little cuts every half inch or so to fold the edges over and used a little navy floss to pin those edges down before doing the satin stitch.
- Luca
User avatar
Serinde
Posts: 19554
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - Big update pg 6 2/28

Post by Serinde »

I live in hope that one day all my UFOs and the occasional FO might, one day, graduate to FFOs. :lol:

Your stitching is as wonderful as always.
User avatar
geekishly
Posts: 4122
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:53 pm
Location: Michigan, USA

Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - Big update pg 6 2/28

Post by geekishly »

Thank you. I still have several old projects that are in the same UFO boat.
- Luca
User avatar
geekishly
Posts: 4122
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:53 pm
Location: Michigan, USA

Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - Big update pg 6 3/7

Post by geekishly »

Getting close to done with this one.
Image

It's working faster now that I have a decent number of stitches to refer to when stitching.
Image

I'm so pleased with how this is looking.
Image

About half done with this now.
Image
- Luca
User avatar
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:

Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - Big update pg 6 3/7

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

The bubbly swirly pattern is looking lovely on that fabric!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
User avatar
geekishly
Posts: 4122
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:53 pm
Location: Michigan, USA

Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - Big update pg 6 3/7

Post by geekishly »

thanks!
- Luca
User avatar
Serinde
Posts: 19554
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - Big update pg 6 3/7

Post by Serinde »

Agree with Mabel -- that's sensational.
User avatar
geekishly
Posts: 4122
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:53 pm
Location: Michigan, USA

Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - Mean Girls update pg 6 3/9

Post by geekishly »

Got the urge to work on this one yesterday while rewatching Bridgerton Season 4.

Image
- Luca
User avatar
geekishly
Posts: 4122
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:53 pm
Location: Michigan, USA

Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - Some finishes and updates pg 6 3/29

Post by geekishly »

I keep forgetting to come post here, but here's some projects I've worked on the last few weeks.

First is the spice girls one that I finished.
Image Image Image

More progress on the Summer Hikaru Died piece
Image Image

I did this little piece from The Retro Stitcher's freebies page as a gift for my BFF's youngest who just turned 16.
Image

And last, but not least, a start on a freebie pattern a friend designed for a Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel SAL. Some of us are stitching this pattern or other spooky patterns, but the main point is to stitch while rewatching the series. This pattern will eventually say "welcome to the hellmouth" and have lots of slayer related bits around it like stakes and crosses.
Image
Last edited by geekishly on Thu Apr 02, 2026 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Luca
User avatar
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:

Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - Some finishes and updates pg 6 3/29

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Congrats on the Spice finish - I will admit to a certain amount of bewilderment as to what the ordeal of zigazag is, but I look forward to being enlightened:-)
I like the subtle colours in the Summer piece!
The last picture seems to be a duplicate of the last but one, I guess the code was copied?
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
User avatar
Serinde
Posts: 19554
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - Some finishes and updates pg 6 3/29

Post by Serinde »

Love the updates. And are you going to watch the complete Buffy? (RIP Nicky Brandon).
Post Reply