Luca’s Stitching 2026 - updates pg 7 4/30
Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - Balatro finish pg 5 2/12
Makes a very effective background though!
Serinde, a Dutch RSN friend has just finished her blackwork module - it depicts the Wallace Monument. have a look at it here
Serinde, a Dutch RSN friend has just finished her blackwork module - it depicts the Wallace Monument. have a look at it here
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - Balatro finish pg 5 2/12
The blackwork went quite quickly. It was really easy and fairly consistent. It really helped having all the full cross stitches done before I started on the blackwork.
- Luca
Big update
Been a rough week emotionally, so I’ve been jumping between projects and not feeling very social. But here’s the results of my stitching.
First up is a Spice Girls freebie from shitpostsampler. Their website is down and they’re looking for a new way to distribute their patterns. I’m doing this for the same friend I made the Joker card for.

Next up is the Stained glass rose from Beauty and the Beast. Pattern by Make It Pink. It’s got a lot of petite point/fractional stitches so I’m doing it on 28ct so I can more easily swap between the stitch sizes. Doing it this method is slow going, but I’m really pleased with the results so far.
Stitching this anime piece for a friend. It’s by CraftyBtchDesigns on Etsy.

I made a little felt backed magnet for a friend. I found out she’s a big Chappell Roan fan, so I stitched this up from a pattern by Stitch Sprout. It was a patreon freebie, but might also be available on etsy.
And last but not least is a Wicked inspired pattern by HannieBeeDesigns that I stitched for myself.

First up is a Spice Girls freebie from shitpostsampler. Their website is down and they’re looking for a new way to distribute their patterns. I’m doing this for the same friend I made the Joker card for.

Next up is the Stained glass rose from Beauty and the Beast. Pattern by Make It Pink. It’s got a lot of petite point/fractional stitches so I’m doing it on 28ct so I can more easily swap between the stitch sizes. Doing it this method is slow going, but I’m really pleased with the results so far.
Stitching this anime piece for a friend. It’s by CraftyBtchDesigns on Etsy.

I made a little felt backed magnet for a friend. I found out she’s a big Chappell Roan fan, so I stitched this up from a pattern by Stitch Sprout. It was a patreon freebie, but might also be available on etsy.
And last but not least is a Wicked inspired pattern by HannieBeeDesigns that I stitched for myself.

- Luca
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - Big update pg 6 2/20
Sorry it's been a tough week, I hope being able to work on lots of beautiful projects as the mood takes you is helping.
I love the fabric for the Spice Girls, subtle yet colourful, and that stained glass rose is going to be glorious!
I love the fabric for the Spice Girls, subtle yet colourful, and that stained glass rose is going to be glorious!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - Big update pg 6 2/20
Mabel, love the Wallace Monument. I have some particularly fond memories of trekking up all the stairs with Mr S and the boys when they were young. Your friend has made a wonderful job of it.
Luca, your stitching is always beautiful.
Luca, your stitching is always beautiful.
Another big update
Thanks ladies. Things weren't much better this week, so once again I buried myself in stitching.
A little more progress on the Spice girls piece. Probably going to work on this one more today while I am over at my friend's place. It's pretty easy to work on while watching things since it's fairly consistent.

This was a freebie I found on instagram by the user messybubnstitchery. I didn't have enough of the blue floss that was recommended for the background, so I just used navy fabric instead.

This is a mothman tamagotchi I got on Etsy. The friend its for picked the fabric and it looks so good.

Finally got back to that Nanami pattern I started ages ago.

And last but not least, I finally got the orange kitty as a FFO and mailed it off along with the KPDH project to the friend they were for.

A little more progress on the Spice girls piece. Probably going to work on this one more today while I am over at my friend's place. It's pretty easy to work on while watching things since it's fairly consistent.

This was a freebie I found on instagram by the user messybubnstitchery. I didn't have enough of the blue floss that was recommended for the background, so I just used navy fabric instead.

This is a mothman tamagotchi I got on Etsy. The friend its for picked the fabric and it looks so good.

Finally got back to that Nanami pattern I started ages ago.

And last but not least, I finally got the orange kitty as a FFO and mailed it off along with the KPDH project to the friend they were for.

- Luca
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - Big update pg 6 2/28
The kitty finish looks really impressive - what is an FFO?
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - Big update pg 6 2/28
Thanks. It’s a Final(ly) Finished Object. Like how we have UFOs (unfinished) and FOs. A finished object meaning you’re done stitching the design. And then a FFO for when it’s framed or finished for display however you’re going to go is it.
- Luca
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - Big update pg 6 2/28
Ah, the bit that I'm rubbish at
Is the kitty a stand-alone patch, cut outside that satin stitch border?
Is the kitty a stand-alone patch, cut outside that satin stitch border?
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - Big update pg 6 2/28
Yeah, it was cut first though. I also made little cuts every half inch or so to fold the edges over and used a little navy floss to pin those edges down before doing the satin stitch.
- Luca
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - Big update pg 6 2/28
I live in hope that one day all my UFOs and the occasional FO might, one day, graduate to FFOs.
Your stitching is as wonderful as always.
Your stitching is as wonderful as always.
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - Big update pg 6 2/28
Thank you. I still have several old projects that are in the same UFO boat.
- Luca
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - Big update pg 6 3/7
Getting close to done with this one.

It's working faster now that I have a decent number of stitches to refer to when stitching.

I'm so pleased with how this is looking.

About half done with this now.


It's working faster now that I have a decent number of stitches to refer to when stitching.

I'm so pleased with how this is looking.

About half done with this now.

- Luca
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - Big update pg 6 3/7
The bubbly swirly pattern is looking lovely on that fabric!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - Big update pg 6 3/7
Agree with Mabel -- that's sensational.
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - Mean Girls update pg 6 3/9
Got the urge to work on this one yesterday while rewatching Bridgerton Season 4.


- Luca
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - Some finishes and updates pg 6 3/29
I keep forgetting to come post here, but here's some projects I've worked on the last few weeks.
First is the spice girls one that I finished.

More progress on the Summer Hikaru Died piece

I did this little piece from The Retro Stitcher's freebies page as a gift for my BFF's youngest who just turned 16.

And last, but not least, a start on a freebie pattern a friend designed for a Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel SAL. Some of us are stitching this pattern or other spooky patterns, but the main point is to stitch while rewatching the series. This pattern will eventually say "welcome to the hellmouth" and have lots of slayer related bits around it like stakes and crosses.

First is the spice girls one that I finished.

More progress on the Summer Hikaru Died piece

I did this little piece from The Retro Stitcher's freebies page as a gift for my BFF's youngest who just turned 16.

And last, but not least, a start on a freebie pattern a friend designed for a Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel SAL. Some of us are stitching this pattern or other spooky patterns, but the main point is to stitch while rewatching the series. This pattern will eventually say "welcome to the hellmouth" and have lots of slayer related bits around it like stakes and crosses.

Last edited by geekishly on Thu Apr 02, 2026 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Luca
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - Some finishes and updates pg 6 3/29
Congrats on the Spice finish - I will admit to a certain amount of bewilderment as to what the ordeal of zigazag is, but I look forward to being enlightened:-)
I like the subtle colours in the Summer piece!
The last picture seems to be a duplicate of the last but one, I guess the code was copied?
I like the subtle colours in the Summer piece!
The last picture seems to be a duplicate of the last but one, I guess the code was copied?
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Re: Luca’s Stitching 2026 - Some finishes and updates pg 6 3/29
Love the updates. And are you going to watch the complete Buffy? (RIP Nicky Brandon).