Garden of Miracles - Companion Finished 03/18/13

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

Post Reply
User avatar
Nachstenliebe
Posts: 12466
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Garden of Miracles - Updated 11/07/11

Post by Nachstenliebe »

Wonderful work so far :applesauce:
Faith
User avatar
Sarah Gixxer
Posts: 5006
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:19 am
Location: Peterborough, UK

Re: Garden of Miracles - Updated 11/07/11

Post by Sarah Gixxer »

Lovely work! I've missed this one upto now so have been looking through all the update pictures. Not much more to do now, well done!
CURRENT WIPs
HAEDs - Bubble Telescope, Floatilla, Rainbow Embrace, Ray of Light, Iron Dragon, Newport Lighthouse
Fractal 239 Aero Chocolate
User avatar
karen4bells
Posts: 21816
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:53 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Garden of Miracles - Updated 11/07/11

Post by karen4bells »

I love this design!! It's coming along so nicely!! Very pretty :wub:
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs


User avatar
Rose
Posts: 34043
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:24 am
Location: Gilroy, CA

Re: Garden of Miracles - Updated 11/07/11

Post by Rose »

Beautiful work!!!!!! :applesauce:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
User avatar
LadyS
Posts: 4766
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 7:22 am
Location: LRAFB

Re: Garden of Miracles - Updated 11/07/11

Post by LadyS »

I went a couple of weeks without updating any of my SALs, but let's just say my guild (WoW) has kept me busy the past few weeks and leave it at that. :oops:

I have finally finished my Garden of Miracles! :D Took quite a long time for such a small chart but I only worked on this during the weekend when I wasn't working on all the SALs (ToS and both Oakhaven ones) and I took a couple of weekends off.

I had a great time working with the Jobelan (my first time on evenweave) and this pattern was adorable, with the right amount of confetti to look lovely but not be too crazy and I did the backstitching as I went so I didn't even feel it.

I'll probably start on the companion chart soon, just want to get a couple of WIPs out of the way first.

Image

Started: August 16th, 2011
Finished: November 23rd, 2011
(weekend only work)

Ah yes, forgot to add. I'm not religious at all so I removed the saying at the bottom, and decided to leave the saying on the top out too, and I ended up having to frog the border at the bottom to push it one row up so it looks even on all sides (the design had the bottom checkered border lower to fit the saying).
Last edited by LadyS on Thu May 01, 2014 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Laura (aka lsschwartz on HAED BB)

WIPs
Krystal (HAED)
Middle Earth Map (HAED)
Snowman&Friends Stocking (Dimensions)
12 Days of Christmas SAL
Little One (Dimensions)
User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: Garden of Miracles - FINISHED 11/23/11!

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: For a job very very well done. It is such a lovely piece. I hope you will take a picture of it framed so we can see how it looks. What is the companion chart? I will be keeping on eye out for that thread when you get started. Anyway, Congratulations on a great finish. :applesauce:

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
User avatar
LadyS
Posts: 4766
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 7:22 am
Location: LRAFB

Re: Garden of Miracles - FINISHED 11/23/11!

Post by LadyS »

Image

This is the companion chart that comes in the same leaflet.
Laura (aka lsschwartz on HAED BB)

WIPs
Krystal (HAED)
Middle Earth Map (HAED)
Snowman&Friends Stocking (Dimensions)
12 Days of Christmas SAL
Little One (Dimensions)
User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: Garden of Miracles - FINISHED 11/23/11!

Post by rcperryls »

Those are going to look lovely together. I am going to look forward to the progress updates on this one too.
What a nice thing to have done right before Thanksgiving.

Carole
:wub:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
User avatar
Squirrel
Posts: 16821
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:33 am
Location: exChristhcurch NZ, now Brisbane, Australia

Re: Garden of Miracles - FINISHED 11/23/11!

Post by Squirrel »

:applesauce: Fabulous work and on your first piece of evenweave too. :applesauce: :applesauce: Very well done.


Love the companions piece too and they will look beautiful together I am sure.

Sally
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
User avatar
karen4bells
Posts: 21816
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:53 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Garden of Miracles - FINISHED 11/23/11!

Post by karen4bells »

:wub: :applesauce: Congrats on a very nice finish!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs


Sewin_mum
Posts: 218
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:54 am

Re: Garden of Miracles - FINISHED 11/23/11!

Post by Sewin_mum »

A beautiful finish! Congrats :applesauce: Makes me want to get my larger projects out again :D
rachdun
Posts: 529
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:18 pm
Location: Northampton, UK

Re: Garden of Miracles - FINISHED 11/23/11!

Post by rachdun »

It looks great :applesauce:
User avatar
Lenne
Posts: 541
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:10 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Garden of Miracles - FINISHED 11/23/11!

Post by Lenne »

Really pretty, awesome job! :applesauce:
WIP:
Talyn the kitten
The Great Escape by Abi Gurden
Pink AKA "Project Confetti Nightmare"



My blog: http://crossstitchnutter.blogspot.com/
User avatar
Cleejoow
Posts: 289
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:41 am

Re: Garden of Miracles - FINISHED 11/23/11!

Post by Cleejoow »

pretty :)
it looks great

you don't even notice there are supposed to be words there somewhere :applesauce:
Greets,

Bieke
http://cleejoow.blogspot.com/
updated 08/12/2016

WIP
Lickle Ted birth sampler - DMC
Pumpkin Passport - The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery
some knitting as well :)
User avatar
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:

Re: Garden of Miracles - FINISHED 11/23/11!

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

A lovely finish and what a charming companion piece, you'll enjoy stitching that!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
User avatar
Mrs Milkybar Kid
Posts: 4402
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: Cornwall,UK

Re: Garden of Miracles - FINISHED 11/23/11!

Post by Mrs Milkybar Kid »

Great finish Laura - glad you love working with Jobelan, I know I do! Look forward to seeing you stitch up the companion piece, the two will look really great together!
Amanda

Band Sampler (SANQ)
Elle Brodes des Lettres Carmin (Reflets de Soie)
Alice (Aury TM)
Mini Tears of Yesterday (HAED)
Miss Cherry Blossom (Mirabilia)

Instagram @mrsmilkybarkidstitches
User avatar
Fizzbw
Posts: 4650
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 6:14 pm
Location: Brecon, Wales

Re: Garden of Miracles - FINISHED 11/23/11!

Post by Fizzbw »

Brilliant finish, congratulations!

Look forward to seeing the companion piece.

Niki xxx
Needle minders and grime guards etc https://www.facebook.com/CirrusCreations" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP: Last Look HAED
Kauto Star by Skitzzzz
Coming Home SQ
Time and season sampler
cHristamas village
User avatar
meerkat
Posts: 5833
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: U.K

Re: Garden of Miracles - FINISHED 11/23/11!

Post by meerkat »

That is lovely .Congratulations.
:ratherbe:
:tea: :cake:
User avatar
LadyS
Posts: 4766
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 7:22 am
Location: LRAFB

Re: Garden of Miracles - FINISHED 11/23/11!

Post by LadyS »

I'm gonna work out when I'll start the second one since in January we start the HAED BB SAL as well, I might wait until my Sakura is at least halfway done before I start this second one, possibly as a weekend project only again.
Laura (aka lsschwartz on HAED BB)

WIPs
Krystal (HAED)
Middle Earth Map (HAED)
Snowman&Friends Stocking (Dimensions)
12 Days of Christmas SAL
Little One (Dimensions)
User avatar
Rose
Posts: 34043
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:24 am
Location: Gilroy, CA

Re: Garden of Miracles - FINISHED 11/23/11!

Post by Rose »

That is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Post Reply