Brekkana's Fantasy Fairy 2015

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

User avatar
Brekkana
Posts: 439
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:32 pm

Re: Brekkana's Fantasy Fairy 2015

Post by Brekkana »

Woohoo! My missing colors arrived! (Yes, I was dramatic, I ordered 10 skeins of each color, hoping to ensure I would not run out any time soon!)

Image

This goes for Colorful Kitten as well :)
So many HAEDs I couldn't possibly list them all. Current favorites are Dragon Kin, Sea Unicorns (QS), April Fairy, What's This, Dahlia, and so many starts going on. Love to cross stitch! Find me on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/brekkana.kultiras
User avatar
karen4bells
Posts: 21816
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:53 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Brekkana's Fantasy Fairy 2015

Post by karen4bells »

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs


User avatar
Mabel Figworthy
Posts: 34208
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
Location: Dunchurch, UK
Contact:

Re: Brekkana's Fantasy Fairy 2015

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

All set to go then!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: Brekkana's Fantasy Fairy 2015

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: Always fun when you get those last colors you need!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
User avatar
Brekkana
Posts: 439
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:32 pm

Re: Brekkana's Fantasy Fairy 2015

Post by Brekkana »

I picked this up for the first time in 3 weeks tonight, didn't feel like I did a lot, but here is my progress:

Image

I previously had it in a qsnap frame, but couldn't keep the tension tight. A friend of mine suggested a different type of hoop that she usee, and I gave it a try tonight:

Image

I took the picture with the tag because otherwise I wouldn't have described it accurately lol. I bought it at Hobby Lobby, is a bit costly, but I am already thinking I love it, and will get two more, one for Colorful Kitten and the Ice Princess WIPs. Maybe not so big a size, but at the time I had a choice of 10" or a 5" I think ... I am hoping to find an 8" next time.

Well, I think I might take this one to work with me, and give Colorful Kitten a day's break, maybe ... or take both. I need an extra set of hands, so I can work on more than one at once.
So many HAEDs I couldn't possibly list them all. Current favorites are Dragon Kin, Sea Unicorns (QS), April Fairy, What's This, Dahlia, and so many starts going on. Love to cross stitch! Find me on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/brekkana.kultiras
User avatar
lavenderbee
Posts: 2409
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:51 pm
Location: North Wales

Re: Brekkana's Fantasy Fairy 2015

Post by lavenderbee »

What lovely colours, so bright. Neat stitching you've done. Look forward to next update :D
lavenderbee :-)


stitching is beewitching

Things only become problems if you let them
User avatar
Fizzbw
Posts: 4650
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 6:14 pm
Location: Brecon, Wales

Re: Brekkana's Fantasy Fairy 2015

Post by Fizzbw »

Great work. Like the look of the new hoop, I'm another one who needs drum tight tension!! Let us know how you get on.

Niki xxx
Needle minders and grime guards etc https://www.facebook.com/CirrusCreations" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP: Last Look HAED
Kauto Star by Skitzzzz
Coming Home SQ
Time and season sampler
cHristamas village
User avatar
karen4bells
Posts: 21816
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:53 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Brekkana's Fantasy Fairy 2015

Post by karen4bells »

:applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: Great stitching!! I hope that the new hoop continues to work for you--it does look good!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs


User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: Brekkana's Fantasy Fairy 2015

Post by rcperryls »

karen4bells wrote::applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: Great stitching!! I hope that the new hoop continues to work for you--it does look good!!
I like my q-snaps, but some pieces just seem to scream for a hoop. Think I'll check it out at Hobby Lobby next time I'm there!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
User avatar
Brekkana
Posts: 439
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:32 pm

Re: Brekkana's Fantasy Fairy 2015

Post by Brekkana »

Ok, I just have to say, even being a 10 inch hoop (seems BIG but not really when I WAS just using an 8x11 Qsnap), and being a former anti-hoop stitcher, I love this hoop! Here is my progress just from stitching at work today :)

Image
With the flash.

Image
A bit of a close up.

The tension stayed tight, only had to readjust the hoop to move the nut and bolt spot up higher ... I bought a 7 inch one today after work, but it might be too small, going to test it on Colorful Kitten later.
So many HAEDs I couldn't possibly list them all. Current favorites are Dragon Kin, Sea Unicorns (QS), April Fairy, What's This, Dahlia, and so many starts going on. Love to cross stitch! Find me on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/brekkana.kultiras
User avatar
Squirrel
Posts: 16821
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:33 am
Location: exChristhcurch NZ, now Brisbane, Australia

Re: Brekkana's Fantasy Fairy 2015

Post by Squirrel »

That certainly seems to be a very good hoop for keeping good tension. Might investigate it as I need an 8" for a few smaller things.

Lovely start on your Fairy and those colours are gorgeous. :applesauce: :applesauce:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
User avatar
Lulu22
Posts: 2307
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:26 am

Re: Brekkana's Fantasy Fairy 2015

Post by Lulu22 »

Lovely update your making great progress :applesauce:
WIPS
Snow
Gamer Nouveau
Clara
Meadow
User avatar
Brekkana
Posts: 439
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:32 pm

Re: Brekkana's Fantasy Fairy 2015

Post by Brekkana »

Well, was sick the last few days, but managed to get more done yesterday and today, I am really loving the colors so far ... I really wish you could see it as it is in person, my phone just does not do it justice ...

Image
Yesterday's photo

Image
Today's update, without flash

Image
Today's update, with flash

Suppose to get ice and snow tonight, so maybe I can get this first page finished at work tomorrow. Tonight, I am going to try to fix my grime guard for my 10" hoop.
So many HAEDs I couldn't possibly list them all. Current favorites are Dragon Kin, Sea Unicorns (QS), April Fairy, What's This, Dahlia, and so many starts going on. Love to cross stitch! Find me on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/brekkana.kultiras
User avatar
Rose
Posts: 34043
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:24 am
Location: Gilroy, CA

Re: Brekkana's Fantasy Fairy 2015

Post by Rose »

Very nice work!!!!!!! :applesauce: :applesauce:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
User avatar
rcperryls
Posts: 32992
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: SC, USA

Re: Brekkana's Fantasy Fairy 2015

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: very pretty! Amazing the difference that the light can make in how a piece looks in a photo! Looking forward to your updates on this one!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
User avatar
mouselady
Posts: 436
Joined: Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: New York

Re: Brekkana's Fantasy Fairy 2015

Post by mouselady »

Lovely work! Great progress!
Desiree

WIP:
Lobo - HAED
Faces of Joan Elliot SAL
Friendly Felines

2016 Finishes:
Joan Elliot Birth Announcement
Flower of the Month - July
12 Days of Christmas
User avatar
Oriettait
Posts: 3997
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:37 am
Location: Italy

Re: Brekkana's Fantasy Fairy 2015

Post by Oriettait »

Great progress! :applesauce: :applesauce:
and isnt it nice when you find a tool that work as good as you were hoping for your stitching?
--
Leave nothing on the beach except footprints
:wip:
HAED World Travel Bookshelf
HAED Tree frog
HAED QS Ladybug
HAED Dragon Rip
Instagram @oriettait
User avatar
fccs
Posts: 9697
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:10 am
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado

Re: Brekkana's Fantasy Fairy 2015

Post by fccs »

I don't know how I missed this old thread, but I'll be following it now. I think you're making great progress. The colors are so pretty and bright and fun, and your stitching is equally pretty.

As for the hoop...I think I have to check out Hobby Lobby this afternoon. I needed some floss anyway (how does one run out of white????). I do love my Qsnaps and scroll frames and even stretcher bars, but as someone else mentioned, sometimes a hoop is the perfect tool and the ones I have just don't hold the Luganas and Jobelans and linens tight enough for me. They're fine with Aida, which tends to be thicker and stiffer.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
History of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Innocent Dreams
User avatar
Brekkana
Posts: 439
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:32 pm

Re: Brekkana's Fantasy Fairy 2015

Post by Brekkana »

Thank you so much for all of your comments :) I really do think this will be a favorite of mine!

I am so close to finishing the first page, I can almost taste it! Haha ... too bad the weather in Texas didn't cooperate the last two days, it meant no stitching time at work, until today. Here is where I am:

Image

Am going to try to finish tonight, but blackwork is calling me. I still haven't figured it all out, but the designs are SO pretty ... about to do more google research ... found a couple of nice blogs ...
So many HAEDs I couldn't possibly list them all. Current favorites are Dragon Kin, Sea Unicorns (QS), April Fairy, What's This, Dahlia, and so many starts going on. Love to cross stitch! Find me on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/brekkana.kultiras
User avatar
Squirrel
Posts: 16821
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:33 am
Location: exChristhcurch NZ, now Brisbane, Australia

Re: Brekkana's Fantasy Fairy 2015

Post by Squirrel »

A really lovely update and sorry that the weather in Texas didn't co-operate. :D
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Post Reply