This goes for Colorful Kitten as well
Brekkana's Fantasy Fairy 2015
Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde
Re: Brekkana's Fantasy Fairy 2015
Woohoo! My missing colors arrived! (Yes, I was dramatic, I ordered 10 skeins of each color, hoping to ensure I would not run out any time soon!)

This goes for Colorful Kitten as well
This goes for Colorful Kitten as well
So many HAEDs I couldn't possibly list them all. Current favorites are Dragon Kin, Sea Unicorns (QS), April Fairy, What's This, Dahlia, and so many starts going on. Love to cross stitch! Find me on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/brekkana.kultiras
- karen4bells
- Posts: 21816
- Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:53 pm
- Location: Florida
Re: Brekkana's Fantasy Fairy 2015
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs
- Mabel Figworthy
- Posts: 34208
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:05 pm
- Location: Dunchurch, UK
- Contact:
Re: Brekkana's Fantasy Fairy 2015
All set to go then!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
WIPs
RSN Certificate & Online, Henry the Harmless Lion
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits
Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Re: Brekkana's Fantasy Fairy 2015
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Re: Brekkana's Fantasy Fairy 2015
I picked this up for the first time in 3 weeks tonight, didn't feel like I did a lot, but here is my progress:

I previously had it in a qsnap frame, but couldn't keep the tension tight. A friend of mine suggested a different type of hoop that she usee, and I gave it a try tonight:

I took the picture with the tag because otherwise I wouldn't have described it accurately lol. I bought it at Hobby Lobby, is a bit costly, but I am already thinking I love it, and will get two more, one for Colorful Kitten and the Ice Princess WIPs. Maybe not so big a size, but at the time I had a choice of 10" or a 5" I think ... I am hoping to find an 8" next time.
Well, I think I might take this one to work with me, and give Colorful Kitten a day's break, maybe ... or take both. I need an extra set of hands, so I can work on more than one at once.
I previously had it in a qsnap frame, but couldn't keep the tension tight. A friend of mine suggested a different type of hoop that she usee, and I gave it a try tonight:
I took the picture with the tag because otherwise I wouldn't have described it accurately lol. I bought it at Hobby Lobby, is a bit costly, but I am already thinking I love it, and will get two more, one for Colorful Kitten and the Ice Princess WIPs. Maybe not so big a size, but at the time I had a choice of 10" or a 5" I think ... I am hoping to find an 8" next time.
Well, I think I might take this one to work with me, and give Colorful Kitten a day's break, maybe ... or take both. I need an extra set of hands, so I can work on more than one at once.
So many HAEDs I couldn't possibly list them all. Current favorites are Dragon Kin, Sea Unicorns (QS), April Fairy, What's This, Dahlia, and so many starts going on. Love to cross stitch! Find me on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/brekkana.kultiras
- lavenderbee
- Posts: 2409
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:51 pm
- Location: North Wales
Re: Brekkana's Fantasy Fairy 2015
What lovely colours, so bright. Neat stitching you've done. Look forward to next update 
lavenderbee 
stitching is beewitching
Things only become problems if you let them
stitching is beewitching
Things only become problems if you let them
Re: Brekkana's Fantasy Fairy 2015
Great work. Like the look of the new hoop, I'm another one who needs drum tight tension!! Let us know how you get on.
Niki xxx
Niki xxx
Needle minders and grime guards etc https://www.facebook.com/CirrusCreations" target="_blank" target="_blank
WIP: Last Look HAED
Kauto Star by Skitzzzz
Coming Home SQ
Time and season sampler
cHristamas village
WIP: Last Look HAED
Kauto Star by Skitzzzz
Coming Home SQ
Time and season sampler
cHristamas village
- karen4bells
- Posts: 21816
- Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:53 pm
- Location: Florida
Re: Brekkana's Fantasy Fairy 2015
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs
Re: Brekkana's Fantasy Fairy 2015
I like my q-snaps, but some pieces just seem to scream for a hoop. Think I'll check it out at Hobby Lobby next time I'm there!karen4bells wrote:![]()
![]()
Great stitching!! I hope that the new hoop continues to work for you--it does look good!!
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Re: Brekkana's Fantasy Fairy 2015
Ok, I just have to say, even being a 10 inch hoop (seems BIG but not really when I WAS just using an 8x11 Qsnap), and being a former anti-hoop stitcher, I love this hoop! Here is my progress just from stitching at work today 

With the flash.

A bit of a close up.
The tension stayed tight, only had to readjust the hoop to move the nut and bolt spot up higher ... I bought a 7 inch one today after work, but it might be too small, going to test it on Colorful Kitten later.
With the flash.
A bit of a close up.
The tension stayed tight, only had to readjust the hoop to move the nut and bolt spot up higher ... I bought a 7 inch one today after work, but it might be too small, going to test it on Colorful Kitten later.
So many HAEDs I couldn't possibly list them all. Current favorites are Dragon Kin, Sea Unicorns (QS), April Fairy, What's This, Dahlia, and so many starts going on. Love to cross stitch! Find me on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/brekkana.kultiras
- Squirrel
- Posts: 16821
- Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:33 am
- Location: exChristhcurch NZ, now Brisbane, Australia
Re: Brekkana's Fantasy Fairy 2015
That certainly seems to be a very good hoop for keeping good tension. Might investigate it as I need an 8" for a few smaller things.
Lovely start on your Fairy and those colours are gorgeous.

Lovely start on your Fairy and those colours are gorgeous.
Sally in Brisbane Australia
WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Re: Brekkana's Fantasy Fairy 2015
Lovely update your making great progress 
WIPS
Snow
Gamer Nouveau
Clara
Meadow
Snow
Gamer Nouveau
Clara
Meadow
Re: Brekkana's Fantasy Fairy 2015
Well, was sick the last few days, but managed to get more done yesterday and today, I am really loving the colors so far ... I really wish you could see it as it is in person, my phone just does not do it justice ...

Yesterday's photo

Today's update, without flash

Today's update, with flash
Suppose to get ice and snow tonight, so maybe I can get this first page finished at work tomorrow. Tonight, I am going to try to fix my grime guard for my 10" hoop.
Yesterday's photo
Today's update, without flash
Today's update, with flash
Suppose to get ice and snow tonight, so maybe I can get this first page finished at work tomorrow. Tonight, I am going to try to fix my grime guard for my 10" hoop.
So many HAEDs I couldn't possibly list them all. Current favorites are Dragon Kin, Sea Unicorns (QS), April Fairy, What's This, Dahlia, and so many starts going on. Love to cross stitch! Find me on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/brekkana.kultiras
Re: Brekkana's Fantasy Fairy 2015
Very nice work!!!!!!!

If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Re: Brekkana's Fantasy Fairy 2015
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Re: Brekkana's Fantasy Fairy 2015
Lovely work! Great progress!
Desiree
WIP:
Lobo - HAED
Faces of Joan Elliot SAL
Friendly Felines
2016 Finishes:
Joan Elliot Birth Announcement
Flower of the Month - July
12 Days of Christmas
WIP:
Lobo - HAED
Faces of Joan Elliot SAL
Friendly Felines
2016 Finishes:
Joan Elliot Birth Announcement
Flower of the Month - July
12 Days of Christmas
Re: Brekkana's Fantasy Fairy 2015
Great progress!
and isnt it nice when you find a tool that work as good as you were hoping for your stitching?
and isnt it nice when you find a tool that work as good as you were hoping for your stitching?
--
Leave nothing on the beach except footprints

HAED World Travel Bookshelf
HAED Tree frog
HAED QS Ladybug
HAED Dragon Rip
Instagram @oriettait
Leave nothing on the beach except footprints
HAED World Travel Bookshelf
HAED Tree frog
HAED QS Ladybug
HAED Dragon Rip
Instagram @oriettait
Re: Brekkana's Fantasy Fairy 2015
I don't know how I missed this old thread, but I'll be following it now. I think you're making great progress. The colors are so pretty and bright and fun, and your stitching is equally pretty.
As for the hoop...I think I have to check out Hobby Lobby this afternoon. I needed some floss anyway (how does one run out of white????). I do love my Qsnaps and scroll frames and even stretcher bars, but as someone else mentioned, sometimes a hoop is the perfect tool and the ones I have just don't hold the Luganas and Jobelans and linens tight enough for me. They're fine with Aida, which tends to be thicker and stiffer.
As for the hoop...I think I have to check out Hobby Lobby this afternoon. I needed some floss anyway (how does one run out of white????). I do love my Qsnaps and scroll frames and even stretcher bars, but as someone else mentioned, sometimes a hoop is the perfect tool and the ones I have just don't hold the Luganas and Jobelans and linens tight enough for me. They're fine with Aida, which tends to be thicker and stiffer.
Debby
(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
History of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Innocent Dreams
(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
History of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Innocent Dreams
Re: Brekkana's Fantasy Fairy 2015
Thank you so much for all of your comments
I really do think this will be a favorite of mine!
I am so close to finishing the first page, I can almost taste it! Haha ... too bad the weather in Texas didn't cooperate the last two days, it meant no stitching time at work, until today. Here is where I am:

Am going to try to finish tonight, but blackwork is calling me. I still haven't figured it all out, but the designs are SO pretty ... about to do more google research ... found a couple of nice blogs ...
I am so close to finishing the first page, I can almost taste it! Haha ... too bad the weather in Texas didn't cooperate the last two days, it meant no stitching time at work, until today. Here is where I am:
Am going to try to finish tonight, but blackwork is calling me. I still haven't figured it all out, but the designs are SO pretty ... about to do more google research ... found a couple of nice blogs ...
So many HAEDs I couldn't possibly list them all. Current favorites are Dragon Kin, Sea Unicorns (QS), April Fairy, What's This, Dahlia, and so many starts going on. Love to cross stitch! Find me on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/brekkana.kultiras
- Squirrel
- Posts: 16821
- Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:33 am
- Location: exChristhcurch NZ, now Brisbane, Australia
Re: Brekkana's Fantasy Fairy 2015
A really lovely update and sorry that the weather in Texas didn't co-operate. 
Sally in Brisbane Australia
WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262